- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, white ends trimmed off (about 1 pound)
- cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon whipped butter
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange asparagus spears in a 9×13-inch baking dish (or similar). Coat the top of asparagus with cooking spray, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Bake asparagus until tender (about 10 minutes depending on thickness of spears).
3. Melt butter in a small, nonstick saucepan over medium heat, then remove pan from heat. Stir in the soy sauce and vinegar to make a sauce. Pour the sauce over the baked asparagus spears and serve.
Per serving: 47 calories, 3 g protein, 6 g carbohydrate, 2.2 g fat, 1.2 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 2.5 g fiber, 148 mg sodium (not including salt to taste). Calories from fat: 35%.